Workplace Law Fundamentals
Human Resources , Legal
Course Duration:1hr 15min
This course provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of Australian labour and employment law. It will enable you to:
- identify the various sources of employment obligations, including employment contracts, Awards, Enterprise Agreements and the Fair Work Act;
- understand policies and procedures in an employment context;
- classify employees and assess basic employee entitlements;
- assess relevant considerations throughout the employment life-cycle; and
- recognise common types of claims and the institutions involved in resolving such claims.
This course is suitable for human resource practitioners and line managers who are involved in the day-to-day management of employment matters.
Approximate Completion Time
1 hour and 15 minutes
The main sources of employment obligations
This component outlines:
Basic entitlements of employees
This component provides an overview of employee entitlements arising from a combination of sources. These include:
Consequences of non-compliance
This component deals with the common types of claims an employer may face. These include:
This component also covers the principal institutions that deal with such claims.
Completion of the course requires a licence, which is issued upon registration and payment.
A standalone licence for this course is $195.00 including GST.
Discounts are available for organisations purchasing ten or more licences. Please email email@example.com to request a quote.