Webinar Series – August & September 2023
Date:17 August 2023
31 August 2023
14 September 2023
PCS is delighted to be conducting a three-webinar series from 17 August 2023 to 14 September 2023.
The following webinars included in this series are below.
Performance Management, Bullying and Stress Claims
Thursday, 17 August 2023
Presented by Joydeep Hor
There is hardly an employer in the country who, when having to address a performance issue with an employee, has not encountered some “fallout” in the form of the employee claiming they have been bullied or commencing a period of absence citing stress or anxiety.
PCS works closely with its clients and managers to assist them to understand not only why these responses transpire but also now they can execute conversations and processes better to minimise the risks of these consequences.
Join PCS Founder & Managing Principal (and arguable Australia’s most internationally-recognised employment lawyer) as he shares his most constructive guidance on this particular topic in a must-attend webinar.
In this webinar, Joydeep will cover:
- The fundamentals of human behaviour in the workplace
- The challenges for managers in identifying and managing performance
- What a holistic approach to performance management does for an organisation’s risk profile
- Specific case studies where the PCS approach has helped organisations achieve their strategic goals
Equal Pay Developments
Thursday, 31 August 2023
Presenter by Chris Oliver
Within the myriad of changes introduced by the Secure Jobs, Better Pay amendments, adjustments were made to the little used Equal Remuneration provisions within the Fair Work Act. While these provisions have been traditionally viewed through an industry or sectorial lens, a recent decision of the Fair Work Commission has examined the operation of the provisions within the context of a single worker.
Join Director, Chris Oliver, as he considers the decision and its likely impact on remunerative practices and workplace disputes. Among the questions Chris will answer are:
- Does the decision open the door for any employee (or group of employees) to challenge their remuneration on gender equity grounds?
- What will a claim look like, and what information will an employee be able to access?
- What should employers be doing now?
Sexual Harassment Risk Management & Positive Obligations
Thursday, 14 September 2023
Presented by Joydeep Hor
Several months into the legislative changes triggered by the Respect@Work Inquiry, Australian employers are grappling with the full remit of their obligations under Australia’s sexual harassment laws. In this webinar, PCS Founder & Managing Principal Joydeep Hor will be addressing a series of questions that PCS has found itself needing to address with employers. Joydeep has been training employers (from Board and ExCo level through to employees at all levels) for over 25 years.
These questions include:
- What are your obligations if you have heard gossip or innuendo of potential sexual harassment?
- How much can you rely on your written policies ad training?
- Does “hostile work environment” extend to jokes, banter and fun?
- What is the new “face” of sexual harassment in the context of hybrid working and an increase in WFH?
- When can complaints be investigated internally and when should they be handled externally?
- How are employees responding to cases of social or political interest such as the Brittany Higgins case?
17 August 2023 – Performance Management, Bullying and Stress Claims
1 pm to 2 pm AEST
31 August 2023 – Equal Pay Developments
12 pm to 1 pm AEST
14 September 2023 – Sexual Harassment Risk Management & Positive Obligations
12 pm to 1pm AEST
$150 incl. GST for three webinars in this series (“Performance Management, Bullying and Stress Claims”, “Equal Pay Developments” and “Sexual Harassment Risk Management & Positive Obligations”).
When registering, please remember to select the quantity of tickets required prior to selecting “Get Tickets”.
The Microsoft Teams meeting invitation link for each webinar will be sent separately to participants prior to the start of each webinar.