20 May 2015
As the end of the financial year approaches and measures are underway to finalise next year’s budgets, HR professionals will be asked to contribute figures, justify figures or independently prepare an HR budget. This webinar explored areas that need to be considered in terms of what costs you should be expecting and whether there are ways to make savings within your area to utilise available funds in more effective ways.
This webinar explored:
- where the HR budget sits within the organisation and the Board’s and Executives’ expectations of HR costs
- line items of an HR budget
- likely financial increases eg National Minimum Wage, EBA or contractual pay review increases
- what are unexpected costs and how do you account for and justify them
- how to learn from the previous budget and how those lessons impact on the current/proposed
- where can HR make savings?
- where should HR deploy its finances?
- How do you explain to the Executives and the Board that sometimes short term spending is actually longer term saving?