Legal Fundamentals in HR
Date:Thursday 18 & 25 August 2022
This program has been developed with a view to instilling critical legal and strategic knowledge for HR professionals at all levels as well as those with people management responsibility in organisations.
Consistent with our commitment to thought leadership and partnering with our clients, these sessions will not be conducted as lectures but will rather be delivered in an interactive and experiential way with high levels of participation expected from attendees. Participants will also receive a comprehensive set of materials to develop or deepen their understanding across a range of fundamental HR legal issues.
Module 1: Overview of the Australian Labour and Employment Law System
- Understanding Commonwealth and State Systems
- The Fair Work Act: Everything you Need to Know
- The NES, Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Key Courts and Tribunals
- Enterprise Bargaining
Module 2: Employment Documentation and Management
- The Employment Contract: What is It?
- Confidentiality and Restraints of Trade
- Recruitment and Screening: Risks and Pitfalls
- Policies and Procedures in the Employment Relationship
- Employees vs Contractors
Module 3: Discrimination, Harassment, Work Health & Safety and the Pandemic
- Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Claims
- Work Health and Safety Legislation and Practice
- EEO and WHS Training
- Workplace Surveillance
- COVID-19: Vaccinations, Working from Home and Other Pandemic Issues
Module 4: Investigations, Termination and Litigation
- Termination of Employment: Redundancies, Misconduct and Performance
- Investigations: When, Why and How
- Organisational Change and Restructures
- Understanding Legal Claims and the Litigation Process
The program is complimentary for PCS Partnership and PCS Partnership Plus clients (limits apply), otherwise the cost of participation is $850 incl. GST.
The program cost includes course materials, morning/afternoon tea and lunch.
Legal Fundamentals in HR is a two day program held from 9am-5pm (Sydney time) each day.
Attendance is offered as either in-person (at our Sydney CBD offices) or virtually.