Legal Fundamentals in HR
Date:Thursday 9 & Friday 10 September, 2021
Session 1: Overview of the Australian Labour & Employment Law System
- Understanding federal and state systems
- The NES, awards and agreements
- Key Courts and Tribunals
- Enterprise Bargaining
Session 2: Employment Documentation and Management
- The employment contract: what is it?
- Confidentiality and restraints of trade
- Recruitment and screening risks and pitfalls
- Policies and procedures in the employment relationship
- Employees, contractors and casuals
Session 3: EEO, Harassment, Discrimination and Work, Health & Safety
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying claims
- Work Health & Safety legislation and management
- Effective training in EEO and WHS matters
- Workplace surveillance
Session 4: Termination and Litigation
- Termination of employment: redundancies, misconduct and performance
- Organisational change and restructures
- Understanding legal claims arising from termination of employment
- The litigation process
Legal Fundamentals in HR is a two day program held from 9am-5pm (Sydney time) each day. The program is complimentary for PCS Partnership and PCS Partnership Plus clients (limits apply), otherwise the cost of participation is $880 incl. GST.
The program cost includes course materials, morning/afternoon tea and lunch.
Participation in a condensed version is available via the webinar program.
The program is held in person at our CBD offices.