- What makes or doesn’t make a “good fit”?
- Opportunities to identify poor fits proactively and steps you should be taking to make a person a better fit
- Defending your decision to remove poor fits from your organisation
This webinar provided an overview of the key developments in labour law throughout 2016 and what we can anticipate in 2017.
This webinar addressed managing redundancies in today’s environment, including:
- Commonly cited reasons for redundancies.
- Understanding what constitutes a “genuine redundancy”.
- Knowing when another ground of termination is more appropriate.
- Redundancy and change management.
- The do’s and don’ts of handling redundancies.
One of the most underdeveloped skills for professionals is the art of negotiation. Joydeep Hor, in this unique Webinar, shared some of the theory and practice of effective negotiations in the workplace.
Some of the topics covered included:
- Saving face.
- Creating value in a deal.
Managing absenteeism and injured employees in the workplace can be a complex issue – determining reasons for absence, navigating doctors’ reports, and carefully treading the line between management and discipline are no easy tasks. As an employer, how do you decide if an employee is fit or unfit for work and what can you do once you have?
Issues discussed in this webinar included:
- uncovering reasons behind absenteeism;
- the links between absenteeism and workplace culture;
- understanding when an employee is unfit for work;
- making reasonable accommodations and adjustments;
- getting the right medical information; and
- best practice tips for managing employee absenteeism.
You should be reviewing and updating your employment contracts regularly, but the question is – what has to be in them and what can be taken out? Join us as we discuss:
- Why are contracts needed
- Unique terms you should consider
- Drafting contracts to suit different types of employees
- How policies, handbooks and manuals interact with the employment contract
- A look at recent case law
- Best practice for varying contracts
Following the announcement of the Federal Election to be held on 2 July 2016, join us as we take a look at:
- What the upcoming election will mean for your organisation
- Key policy platforms in IR and HR
- Briefing your stakeholders
- Auditing your IR strategy